Monday, April 18, 2011

Flyin' High for Autism Awareness Month!

Hello lovelies.  I'm doing two updates today because I am super upset about this color, hah. I'll explain momentarily.

Anyway, as most of you have probably heard, April is autism awareness month.  I wanted to participate because our friends' son was recently diagnosed with autism not to mention there are some others I have met and know so it's something I'm familiar with. 

I chose China Glaze's Flyin' High.  It's a lovely dark blue teal but I couldn't get the color to photograph exactly as how I see it in person!  But here are a few from different environments:

Outdoors...it looks nothing like this, but this picture is pretty haha

Bathroom lighting..probably the most accurate, actually

Up close
The actual color is probably somewhere in between the last two pictures.  The formula is great, it went on smooth and shiny and I only needed two coats but I did three ish.  I didn't let any of them dry before applying another coat because I'm lazy :)

So the reason I had a hard time with this color is because the tray table I was painting my nails on while watching TV (the history channel....) collapsed and this nail polish went flying all over my pants and the floor and then landed and leaked into a nice huge stain on my boyfriend's couch.  This resulted in me having a complete breakdown for like 30 minutes and calling my mom sobbing to come over and help me try and clean it up.  Oh, and just FYI (blue) nail polish doesn't really come out of couch cushions.  At all.  I haven't told my boyfriend yet.  But I called the company to see if they can send me out a replacement cover, so we'll see how that goes.  Ugh.  I'm still super bummed about it.  I'm so clumsy. :(

Not to mention that I had to re-do my nails again haha.

ANYWAY...that is all.  And since I had such a rough time with this, I'm going to go ahead and do my OPI black shatter review now...:)