Saturday, April 30, 2011

Late Night Zoya Update!

So. I've been watching this wedding. All. Day.  I didn't think I would be this fascinated by it but seriously I've been on my couch most of the day working on my thesis with it in the background.  AND I just sat here and did my nails and it's on again.  Kate looked fabulous, she's super gorgeous.  But seriously, I'm 100% positive if you had any interest in this wedding you've already watched it or Googled it a million times today, so I'm not going to talk about it anymore :) But gosh, what a fairytale for her!  P.S. I could totally move to England and do this whole funky British hat thing...except maybe this one:

lolomgwtf!?  Seriously, what were you thinking Beatrice?  It looks like a toilet seat with a bow.

Anyway, sorry this is super late.  I had plans of finishing my thesis draft around 4 but then I decided to eff up my computer code and drew it out to about 6 pm.  Then the boyfriend won Jon Stewart tickets on the radio this morning (seriously the FOURTH (or fifth..?) thing THIS YEAR he's won from the radio, he should play the lottery), so we got to go to that show tonight.  I don't really follow politics super closely nor do I care much about either party (unless it has to do with the DOE, my potential employer), but he was a funny guy and we had a nice time!  That was my something NEW for today...we hadn't seen a show together! 

I ALSO tried two more of my Sunshine Zoyas!  Faye for my fingers and Reva for my toes!
Faye (Zoya.com)
Reva (Zoya.com)
Faye is described as "a bronzed mauve with purple and brown undertones flooded with bright gold sparkle" while Reva is a "cool toned strawberry red with glowing golden metallic sparkle."

I think Faye's description is pretty accurate.  It seems like the gold sparkles definitely dominate the color that you see.  I'd say it's a gold sparkle with a mauve underdone.  I really like this color because, like all Sunshine polishes, it changes completely depending on the lighting and angle you see it from.  Beautiful!  I used 3-4 coats, can't remember.  I think 4.

Reva and Faye

Faye

Outside! It's SUNNY!
I didn't clean up my nails much, sorry about that.
Reva, on the other hand (or foot hahaha...ha..), I can't decide if I like.  I usually have a super bright pink on my toes so this is a little blood red for my taste.  And not to mention I completely SUCK suck suck at painting my toe nails.  My utter lack of flexibility is most likely the cause (which hopefully gets better with my new yoga regime)...that and the fact that my vision is le poop so I can't see what I'm doing unless the lighting is super bright, which my living room is not.  So even though clean up on my toes took longer than painting them it still turned out looking like crap

(WARNING: toe pictures...in case you're weirded out by that sort of thing):

I photoshopped some of the FUG out, but it's still not very good.  Don't zoom in, it's a bad idea.

It's fascinating how ugly your feet can look under a 14 MP zoom.  You really see all your polish (and skin) flaws that way, haha.  I also conveniently cut out my funky deformed pinky toe.  Let's not talk about it.

The Reva looks a little darker in side  I only did two coats 'cause I slathered them on pretty thick not on purpose.  Hopefully it's dried before I go to bed. I also didn't really clean up my toes at all.  I photoshopped it a little to make it look better so you focus on the color and not how terrible I painted my toes lol.

I hope you guys had a FABULOUS Friday and enjoyed all the wedding coverage.  I know I did :)

Catch ya on the flip
<3 Whit

P.S. I added two new Giveaways to my page!