Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life Changes....and Zoya Sunshine Collection: Rica!

This is going to be a two in one entry.  I don't know if it'll always be like this, but that's okay.

I've decided to change some things in my life.  I haven't been as happy as I should lately.  I don't know if I even have legitimate reasons for being unhappy, but I don't always let things go, which is maybe why I've been a bit down.  There are also a lot of things changing soon that I don't want to throw me off.  So I made a list of things to do everyday to keep my spirits up and motivate me.

The non-personal ones include cleaning for 30 mins a day (since cleanliness makes me happy), doing yoga for 30 mins a day (since exercise makes you happy), and to try something new. There's a lot of other stuff on my list but since this is a beauty blog and not a life story blog, we're going to go along with the trying something new part on here.  I'd like to tell you what I decide to try everyday, so I think that'll be a short blurb from now on.

TODAY I went with something make-up related and decided to try the new Covergirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:
I tried it in...I forget, I'll have to check when I get home from school :)

I'm not used to wearing liquid foundation, but I really liked it.  It went on pretty sheer, but it seriously went on like silk.  My face was super smooth after putting it on!  It definitely doesn't cake on like some other liquid foundations, but it also didn't cover everything up.  I don't really know how you're supposed to do your whole face make up, honestly.  I don't even always wear foundation, so I don't know if you're supposed to do foundation and concealer or what...I guess its personal preference. 

But yeah, I felt like I could still see a few spots I wanted more coverage on, so I put bronzer on top of it and was pretty satisfied.  I guess I should also mention that  my mom got this for free to try from BzzAgent and she gave it to me to try, so the color I tried may not be the exact color I'd buy for myself.  Eh, it probably is...I'm pretty pasty.   It looks like on their website that they have 16 different shades. 

Overall I really like how light it goes on, how it covered up a bit of the redness I had this morning, and how smooth my face felt after.  You can also seem to put it on effectively with either your hands or a sponge/brush.  It's like $9-$12 which is cheaper than my mineral make up, but won't last as long.  I may start wearing this in the summer!


Now, what I was normally going to post about...I tried one of my new Zoya polishes last night!!  This is Rica from their Sunshine Collection.  It looked pinkish/peach in the bottle but I think I'd definitely classify this now as an orange:

Sparklesss! This is outside in overcast lighting, prob the most accurate photo color-wise

Inside, pretty good idea of the orangeyness.

This pic makes it look a little dark, the color is lighter


Even though I was initially disappointed that it wasn't more pink, I really like it.  I actually did 4 coats of this one because I lost track, but you could probably do three!  It's supposed to be sunny this weekend so hopefully I can try more of these awesome polishes and get some good pictures for you guys! 

Hopefully this wasn't too long of a post.  Let me know if you've tried the NatureLuxe foundation or this polish, I want to hear about it!!

Have a good one,
<3 Whitney