Friday, April 1, 2011

L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator Mascara Review

Hey guys, this is my second post and just FYI I did both of these L'Oreal reviews for BzzAgent, where I get to try new products for free! You should seriously check it out if you haven't heard of it, I love it!
Like I said previously, a few weeks ago I signed up for a BzzAgent Campaign to receive a free sample of L'Oreal's Double Extend Illuminator Mascara and their new One Sweep Eye Shadow.
The Double Extend Illuminator Mascara I received was Black Crystal for all eye colors.  I usually wear dark brown or black mascara despite my lighter colored hair, so this fit my style perfectly.  The image shown is not the color I received, but I wanted to show how the brush looks. 
Black Copper for Blue Eyes (From L'Oreal website)
The skinny side is the mascara side.  I love how long the applicator is--it allowed the mascara to go on easy and clump-free.  It also was a lot less thick than the mascara I usually wear but highlighted my lashes all the same.  They say it is supposed to add volume and length to your lashes, but I really only noticed the length aspect of that.  I was always confused by "volumizing" mascara.

Anyway, the spherical side is the illuminator side.  This side is supposed to have light-reflecting pearly highlights that accentuate your eye color although I found this hard to see.  I feel like since the illuminator was such a dark grey sparkle that I didn't notice it too much except for on my bottom lashes.  I would love to be able to try the Black Copper for blue eyes version, I feel like the illumination would be more noticeable.

Mascara with "Illuminator" added--you can barely see it

This product retails for about $8-$11 depending on where you shop and is available at most retail stores carrying L'Oreal products.

Overall I give this product a 4.5 out of 5 for the varying color selections, clump-free application and some illuminating sparkle!

If you're looking for a new mascara I'd definitely spend the money and try it, I love that they have it specifically for different eye colors--so cool!  If you've tried it and have something to say about it, comment please!