Friday, May 27, 2011

Blue Iguana Ruffian!

So I decided to do my nails again before going out dancing with my ladiesss! 

I've been wanting to try China Glaze's Blue Iguana for a while and thought I'd make it interesting with another ruffian since I LOVED how it turned out before with 108 Degrees!

I definitely love the pink more than the blue...and I super struggled with this manicure this time.  I've been real shaky lately, so I made more of a mess than last time and the silver was a bit hard to clean up as my remover brush just spread sparkles all over my fingers rather than removed them...OH well!  I still think it looks neat:





You can kind of see the sparkle everywhere!  But anyway, how I did this was I used my Sally Hansen Thickening Base Coat, covered with 2 coats of ORLY Shine, topped that with Seche Vite (in case I messed up the blue), then I had to do 3 coats of China Glaze Blue Iguana from their Island Escape Collection and then another top coat of SV!  Whew! 

I somehow made some of Blue Iguana coats thinner than the others, which is why I had to do three coats to even them out.  It was runnier than I expected, but still a pretty good formula.  I also thought it'd be a shade darker, but it's all good! Overall I'm pretty happy with it.  I'll post outdoor sunny pictures sometime tomorrow or Sunday as the sun's already goin' down here in Ohio.  I wrapped the tips so hopefully it stays a few days!  I could probably dot some red on the silver and make it into a Memorial Day manicure :)  Maybe I'll do that for Sunday!! 

The verdict is I like it!  

I also want to mention that I tried Sally Hansen's Gel Cuticle Remover:

So far I've used it twice and I love it!  It's got Jojoba extra, antioxidant Kiwi Extract and Wheat Protein so it can smooth, nourish, and moisturize your cuticles all at once.  It makes it easier to push them back, it doesn't necessarily remove them.  I thought I'd try this instead of cutting my cuticles and I don't think I'll go back :)  You just put on a thin strip for a few mins, push your cuticles back, and wash it off!  Voila!  It says not to use more than twice a week, and so far I've done it once a week and it seems to work well the whole week.  Have you tried this?

Well loves, have a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend! 

<3 Whitney