Monday, June 13, 2011

My first franken! Purple-icious!

Hey everyone!  I tried to make my first franken polish today!  I'm in a wedding here on Saturday and instead of trying to match perfectly (the color is close to ORLY Out of this World), I decided to try and mix a lighter, more sparkly color! 

There are a ton of pictures, sorry!  I call this color Purple-icious!  It is pretty opaque, it went on great in only two coats.  I can't really tell you what I mixed in this.  Seriously, it was a little bit of about every purple I own.  It's base is ORLY Velvet Rope along with ORLY Shine but I also added some holo glitter (Funky Fingers Sand & Stilettos and Icing Glamorous), and some actual solid glitter I bought a while back (EZ Flow Glitter in Jasper)....and I think I also put OOTW in it too among other stuff hahaha.  I won't be able to make this again, obviously since it's such a mess of a mixture :)

Inside w/flash

Inside w/flash

Outdoor, sun setting

Inside w/flash

Inside w/flash

Inside w/flash

Outside lighting

Inside, no flash

Inside w/flash

Inside no flash
So overall I like it.  In the sun, which I couldn't get a good picture of, you can see the holo glitter in it!  I like the pictures with the flash a bit better, so I think I'm going to try and darken it up a little! 

I'm pretty happy with my first franken, what do you guys think??

<3 Whitney