Saturday, June 11, 2011

Orange-ya Glad it's the Weekend?! Braziliant!

Okay my title is corny, I know.  Oh well :)  But YAY 150 followers!!

I've been desperately searching (and waiting) for Essie Braziliant ever since I heard about it at the end of April.  The whole Summer 2011 collection looks fabulous, actually, and I'm not usually into oranges but when I saw this swatched I HAD to have it. 

I finally found it at Target today and while I resisted buying anything at both Ulta AND Sally's, when I caught a glimpse in the store, my lack of self control took over and I bought it.  Wee! Then I came home and immediately took off my leopard mani and put on this orange.  Check it out!


A bit shiny from the Butter London remover...weird!



Ugh..I broke this nail today, apparently I didn't file it well.  I had to super glue the left side together haha woops


Love love love!  Braziliant is an obnoxiously loud orange and in the bottle you can see just a glimpse of pink shimmery undertones.  It doesn't translate as well to the nail, though, which is fine by me 'cause I was lookin for strictly orange here!  It's pretty opaque, but I still used three coats.  I used two coats of ORLY Ridge Filler first and I don't think I let it dry long enough which made me have some issues when applying this.  I don't know if there's some trick to it or something. Maybe I should've only used one coat of Ridge Filler.  Regardless, it turned out okay after cleaning up a bit!  I loved this color enough I even wrapped my tips 'cause I'm probably going to wear it a few days while I lay out at the pool!

Anywho, here's a quick photo of what I've picked up over the past several days:

Essie Braziliant, OPI Turquoise Shatter, Two Wet n Wild Craze Colors, and Wet n Wilds Mermaids Cove Collection Polishes in Waves of Enchantment and Diving for Pearls....and some remover!

I picked up the Wet n Wilds at CVS on clearance and buy 1 get one 50% off so it was only a few bucks for all those!

I think that's all for tonight, then! 

<3 Whitney

P.S. Have any of you watched My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC?  It's fascinating, hahaha!  I've never seen dresses this gigantic in my entire life.