Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ORLY Velvet Rope

Sooo I know I've done a decent amount of purples lately...and you know, I really don't wear purple that often!  BUT I thought since I mixed ORLY Velvet Rope as a main ingredient to my franken, that I'd show you what it looked like by itself!

The pictures below are shown with 2 coats of polish (If I remember correctly, it was pretty opaque!) and one day of wear.  You can see the tip wear on some of my fingers already starting to show.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong to get this much wear after less than one day!  I don't know if it's my top coat or what...probably my lack of tip-wrapping.  Oh well!

Outside sun




I really liked this color.  It was a bit dark for my normal taste, but it appealed to be greatly on the shelf.  It's a beautiful dark purple with flecks of very fine silver glitter in it.  It does like JUST like one of those shiny velvet ropes you see at the theatre :)  It went on very smooth and like I said, it was opaque after two coats!  I really, really like ORLY.  I'm sure I've said this before but their formula is always so great and their brush is the perfect size. 

Do you guys like this polish?  I loved it but it didn't exactly match the bridesmaid dress I had to wear last Saturday, which is why I used this as a base color and lightened it and added some more glitter to it! Love!

That's all for today, folks :) I'll mention how my interview went tomorrow for Pink Wednesday!  I'm glad I'm a little less busy and have time to participate this week!

<3 Whitney