Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!! Fireworks mani :)

Happy Independence Day!

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.  I love the summer air, cookouts, and nothing is better than fireworks!  It's just a happy holiday!

I spent a long time thinking about what I should do with my nails and when I decided on fireworks I tested out a couple of ideas on a nail wheel.  They all looked the same except with a different background color and since I have issues with being symmetrical, I didn't skittle the background colors haha.

This is how the final look turned out:


Anyhow here's a little walk through on how I did it! First, I decided on silver and used Sally Hansen Celeb City for the background (PS sorry for indoor, bad lighting pictures!):


I used an Art Club nail art polish to make red fireworks.  It was pretty difficult to work with, actually!  To get curved lines was annoying...my right hand looks a lot worse, haha.  But oh well!

 
On the ends of the fireworks, I added dots of China Glaze Ruby Pumps with a dotting tool just to give it a bit of sparkle on the ends.  I think used Funky Fingers 220 Volts for blue fireworks using a dotting tool:


After the blue fireworks were done I added a bit of Funky Fingers Curacao + Sand and Stilettos to dot on the ends of the blue fireworks to give those some glitter as well.  To top it all off I dotted some white randomly with the white Art Club polish I have and put on a top coat.




And that is that!  It turned out quite a bit sloppier than I hoped it would, but that's okay.  I kind of like it and it's festive so it's all good!  I tried some nail art a couple of days ago that turned out much better but you'll have to wait until Thursday to see it :)

Hope you guys all have a GREAT 4th of July!

<3 Whitney