Friday, July 1, 2011

OPI Be a Dahlia Won't You vs CG 108 Degrees--dupe!

Hey everyone!

Someone the other day asked if OPI's Be a Dahlia Won't You is a dupe of China Glaze 108 Degrees and I'm going to go ahead and say yeah...pretty much.  If you have one, you probably don't need the other!  I swatched them both yesterday and they are SO very similar, in formula and shimmer, that I almost wish I hadn't spent so much on the OPI!  Oh well!  Check out this picture heavy post:

Bottles outside...I think this is with a flash

Bottles sun.  Almost exactly the sameee

In the picture, CG looks to be slightly darker, but in person you can't tell. 

My middle finger nail is oddly flat so the color looks off, but if you look at my ring and pinky they're quite similar


With a flash

In the shade

CG might have slight more "sparkle" but like I said, you can barely tell in person.

So my verdict is buy the China Glaze 108 Degrees if you don't already have it and forget OPI Be a Dahlia Won't You.  I literally couldn't tell the difference between them while they were on and the formulas are so similar, I just can't see the benefit to spending more on OPI one in this case!  I'm a little sad that I didn't realize the similarities when I bought it, but I do like having all of Nice Stems collection.  So oh well!  Maybe I'll swap one.

Hope you guys are having a GREAT Friday and enjoy your (US) holiday weekend!

<3 Whitney

P.S. My best friend Jenn just started a blog called Nurse by Night, Nails by Day, please go check her out :)