Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pink Wednesday! Burst Crackle!

I know I've been kind of double posting lately, but I didn't have as much time to swatch before I went out of town as I'd liked.  Oh well!

Anyway for today's pink Wednesday I decided to try my pink Burst Crackle polish called Shimmering Heat OVER Revlon's Grapefruit Fizz from yesterday's post!  I thought since it was so translucent I'd add crackle to it and I thought the opposing pinks would look neat.

However since the pinks ended up being kind of similar it ended up looking like some sort of scaly pink snake skin, I can't really decide if I like it or not.  In person unless you look close it just looked textured, but you can see in the pics that it's scaly looking!

Zoom in for scaly effect


Lizardy

Overall I was REALLY satisfied with the Burst crackle!  I didn't use it until now because when I swatched it on a nail wheel it SUCKED, but it worked pretty good in person!  It went on very easily and I didn't have a hard time getting the perfect coat thickness for it to crackle nicely.  I also have a purple one and next time I go to the supply store I think I'll get orange if they still have it :)

That's it for now!  I'll be back tomorrow evening with a SURPRISE for all of you!

<3 Whitney