Monday, December 12, 2011

Rockin Something Different Today....from Scünci!

Oh gosh! I forgot to mention that TWO lovely bloggers tagged me for the Versatile Blogger Award!  Thank you so much Connie and Nail Designs!  However, I've already received this and made my list before.  Thanks so much again, though!  I really appreciate it :)

I've got something a little different today.  I'm going to give a brief review of some new hair clips I had the opportunity to try from scünci!

They are called Linziclips and they are new form of "claw" clips with hidden springs and smoother claws!


They come in three sizes: mini, medi, and maxi!  I elected to try the mini clips.  They work like the small butterfly clips, but they're a tad bit bigger.  Here are some additional "views" of them so you can see what I mean by hidden springs:

This is what the top looks like...no more ugly "wings" or visible springs!

Underside...the clamps come together in a smooth line that doesn't dig into your scalp
The teeth hold the hair tight while being much more comfortable than a normal claw clip!  Since the bottom is flat you can even lay down with these clips in and they don't dig into your head like the old ones!  This is a biggie for me...'cause I work 10 hours a day and I can't have hair clips hurtin' my head after a few hours. 

Also what I think is cool about these is that the top is relatively flat as well.  This means that while you're pinning up your cute hair style, you don't have butterfly wings sprouting from your head ruining your style, haha.  They come in all kinds of colors and designs so you can even match them to your outfit.

Overall, I like the mini ones a lot, although they don't "open" enough for me--I think I'm going to have to go out and get some of the "medi" sized ones for the hairstyles I want!  The mini ones are perfect for pulling back a little bit of hair (like for "pinning up" the sides or your bangs), but won't work for a half-up-do like I had hoped 'cause my hair is just too thick!  

You can find these from $3.99-$5.99 at most major retailers or drug stores!  You can check out more information on their facebook page!

Have you guys tried these?  I'm glad I got to try them out--I don't normally look at new hair clips, but maybe I should stop by and see what else scunci has to offer :)

<3 Whitney

P.S. A set of these hair clips (in whatever size you want) will be up for grabs in another giveaway I'll be hosting soon along with some Softlips chapsticks and other goodies...keep your eyes open for this one coming soon!