Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Last Franken in my Transition Metals Collection: Copper-nicus!

So I realized that I'd never swatched the last polish in my first franken "collection": Transition Metals! 

This polish is called Copper-nicus.  It is named after the 29th element, copper, and is a play on words with the mathematician/astronomer Copernicus (yes, if you haven't noticed I am a nerd).  For those of you with science backgrounds who might have noticed, yes there is already an element actually named for Copernicus (copernicium..), but that's okay, hah!

Anywho, Copper-nicus is a duochrome copper/yellow/red polish, that in my opinion looks all right on it's own, but looks amazing over black!  Check out some pics:


Copper-nicus in natural lighting alone, over black, over white, and over red

Copper-nicus under desk lighting by itself, over black, over white, over red

Copper-nicus under desk lighting by itself, over black, over white, over red

Copper-nicus in natural over white, over black, by itself

Copper-nicus in natural lighting alone, over black, over white, and over red
 
You can't see the duochrome as much when Copper-nicus is layered over a white or red polish as much as you can see it when it's by itself or over black.  Alone, it needs 3 coats for opaqueness and to be able to see the red/gold/orange flash, layered over black, just one coat is needed.

Soo what do you guys think!?  I'm close to opening my Etsy store (as soon as I get the rest of my supplies!), I'll let you all know when I do :)

<3 Whitney