Friday, May 11, 2012

Made by Hand May featuring Not Too Polished May Flowers Collection

Hey pretties!  I decided to go along with some of my other blogger friends and participate in "Made by Hand May" and feature only indie polishes for the whole month! 

So today, I've got TWO polishes to show you from an indie polish maker named Elizabeth from Not Too Polished.  She's got a limited edition collection out for this month ONLY called May Flowers and sent me two to show you guys!

First up: New Grass





New Grass is a pretty spring green with an appropriate name :)  It's a thinner formula, but not runny--very good, actually!  This one applied relatively easily!  This shows three coats, but two would've been okay if you let it dry it between coats.  I'm super impatient and tried to get each coat on one after the other and then....I dragged my hair through it, hah!  I liked this color a lot more than I thought I would.  Normally I'm not into greens but this one didn't stain and it looked okay with my skin tone!  I'd definitely wear this again!  Go to green!

The next one I have to show you is Peach Blossom:




Peach Blossom was a bit thinner than New Grass, but was not unmanageable.  It's a very, very pretty, girly neutral color that is perfect for spring (or any other time of the year!).  I even think that it'd look pretty to use as the "nude" for a french manicure, just to put a peachy spin on it!  It took 3 coats to make it opaque...it certain lighting, I could still see a bit of nail line, but I'm too lazy for 4 coats of polish, so I deal with it :)

Overall, I really liked both of these colors, and they're great for spring!  She's got four other gorgeous colors in this collection, available this month only, for $6.00 each. check them out here!  As a matter of fact, I just ordered 3 more lol.

Have you guys checked Elizabeth's shop out yet?

<3 Whitney